The Macon Daily Telegraph (Georgia)
12 October 1909
PROVIDING MANY MORE LOTS IN OLD ROSE HILL CEMETERY
Barns and Stable Near Entrance Have Been Done Away With
Some important changes are being made at Rose Hill cemetery. For the purpose of gaining ground for a greater number of lots, the barns and stable near the entrance have been torn down, and the speaker's stand used on Memorial days will be taken away and this portion of the grounds in front of the cemetery will be utilized.
It is thought by this change that some seventy-five or eighty additional lots will be added to the cemetery. There has been a demand for more lots for a long time, and at one time the proposition was to terrace the hillside in the locality of the old crystal spring for the purpose, but for some reason this was never done.